Sarah turns 30 today!
Being that I'm an exessive romantic I wrote some new lyrics to a song from back when we were first dating and strummed it out on my guitar. (I should mention that this is about the only song I can play on the guitar).
I'm thinking these efforts--which are extraordinary in relation to my innate levels of sensitivity--should help cover for 9 years of being a slacker and maybe give me enough points to safeguard me for 30 years going forward.
See below for text to the song and click on the video to hear it and see some pictures of Sarah and the family.
--Scott
It's been 9 years ago since I met the best
I've known ever since my life would be blessed
A delightful sweet girl oh so gorgeous and fun
I was swept off my feet by this Molly Mormon
With 4 terror kids that keep her up on her toes
Then primary, moms' preschool, shop for enrichment at Lowes
Sar's better than football, a sports car, cake and ice cream
To me and the family, she is our queen
The truth of her age is a mystery to some
I think it's because she looks so young
In our Chapel Hill Ward, I still remember the time
A Priest hit on her thinking she was his rhyme
I made it real clear about her spouse and offspring
Held her hand in the air showing her diamond ring
From the beginning I knew that I had struck gold
With this amazing, now 30 year old.
11 comments:
SO SO Cute and funny, Scott! I loved seeing all those little pictures and video clips! Good job!! Happy Birthday, Sarah! I love you.
Wow Scott, that was precious!
aaahhhh!! I love it. That was so dang cute!! Happy Happy birthday Sarah. You are an amazing person and I just love you so much!!
I feel honored to have been present at the premiere of this Esplin Best-selling Single. Good job Scott! I think she's an amazing gal too! She makes me think . . . maybe 30 won't be so bad after all. :)
Happy Birthday Sarah! Welcome to the "old club"! Nice job on the video Scott.
OMG I am crying! Scott, well done! Sarah, Happy birthday, I love you.
Mom
Does anyone else think it's funny when Kathy/Mom uses OMG?
Scott, that was precious! Sarah, Happy Birthday! What a great family you have!
Sarah(and Scott),
It's amazing how you can find people on the internet. Especially when they don't have common last names like Jones or Smith!
I love the song, Scott, and happy birthday to you, Sarah. Look how your adorable family has grown. Your children are beautiful. Hey, I have a question: who was the priest who tried to hit on Sarah?
Its great to find you,
Allison Block
Should you ever feel like it, my blog is: allieblock.blogspot.com
Happy Birthday Sarah! We hope you had a nice day. The video is great, and my oh my, you haven't aged a bit since your wedding day! We're glad we got to be in on a little part of the celebrating!
Loved hearing the song again - so sweet! I am so glad we got to see Scott perform in person and to watch Sarah's reaction! I hope you had a great 30th birthday Sarah!
Love you!
hey sarah! this is erin vogel from louisville. i found your blog through alisha bosco. you have such a gorgeous family! hope you had a wonderful birthday! i just wanted to say "hi!" my email address is erinmuss@gmail.com.
Post a Comment