But the best thing about Albuquerque is the annual Balloon Fiesta. What an amazing ten days!

This year 625 balloons participated. There's nothing like seeing so many balloons in the sky...you can't help but smile and be happy!We watched these two balloons inflate and take off from the playground at the girls school.
And then I drove home and saw this balloon fly right over our house. I love when they're close enough to wave to the pilots!
We went to a balloon glow at night where the balloons inflate, and then when it gets dark they all light up. It's impressive. The best part is that most of the balloonists have trading cards like baseball cards with the stats and pictures of their balloons. The girls and I ran from balloon to balloon trying to get as many cards as we could. Scott shakes his head in embarrassment at the sight of us, but I just can't help it!
The kids had Friday off from school so we spent the morning chasing the balloons around in the car. I think this is the most exciting part of Balloon Fiesta. We watched the above balloon from Orlando, FL land and got to help put it away!
Then we raced in our car to hurry and watch the "Silver Star" from Bountiful, UT land. I discovered roads I never knew existed as I followed the balloon to see where it would land.
We helped hold down the tarp here.
And ended the morning with a picture in the basket...how perfect!
3 comments:
How fun!! I wish i could have been there.
I'm so jealous!
Sarah,
Your post about the balloon fiesta makes me miss Albuquerque! We have a big picture of the balloon fiesta in our dining room here--just to remind us of home:-)
Mindy
Post a Comment