Sunday, October 26, 2008

Brynn Rocks!


Brynn "rocks"...and so does everything else she thinks is cool, neat or fun. Lately she's pulled a line from some movie (I'm not even sure which one) and asks, "What am I, chopped liver?" when things don't go her way.

Brynn lost her first tooth last Monday. A few weeks ago she complained that her gums hurt when she clenched her teeth. When I looked in her mouth and told her her front bottom two teeth were loose Brynn was ecstatic. She started wiggling her teeth non-stop from that moment on. She also voiced her wish that she'd lose her tooth at school because you get to go to the nurses office and she gives you a cute little tooth box to take your tooth home in.

Last Sunday Brynn's tooth was barely hanging on. She didn't want to pull it, and she didn't want us to help her either. But, the next day at school during calendar time (the first thing they do each morning) Brynn made her wish come true by pulling her tooth out and going to the nurses office. Sure enough, she had a small plastic tooth-shaped box with a flip top lid when I picked her up that afternoon. Here's a picture of Brynn with her teeny-tiny tooth--it was so small in fact that when Brynn first saw it she thought she'd only pulled out half of it!

Brynn started Kindergarten this year...a dream come true for her. She has been ready to start school since Kaitlyn began two years ago. She started reading this summer and loves it. She loves to do arts and crafts and is a great artist. She has been writing stories and Halloween poems lately. With the amount of paper we go through in a day, I'm sure we're responsible for the demise of several rainforest's...sorry!

Brynn's teacher told me that she loves Brynn's sense of humor. Apparently, Brynn is the only one who laughs at the jokes her teacher makes and then Brynn usually has a funny retort to give back. Brynn truly is a funny girl. I marvel at her sharp mind, and I love it when I'm reading out loud to her and she starts laughing loudly when something funny happens in the book.

Brynn got her hair cut a month or two ago...isn't it cute. She loves it, especially because now she thinks she looks like Kit, from the American Girl series of books we've been reading. Of course, now she wants an American Girl doll!

Brynn loves soccer and is quite the player. She usually scores most of her teams goals--it helps that she tends to be one of the tallest players in the league and most of the little girls stay out of her way.

We love this cute girl and are so glad she's part of our family!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Cute, cute Brynn. I miss her