I love Mary Engelbreit's artwork. Her fun colors, sweet pictures and poignant thoughts always touch me. In fact, one year for Christmas I asked Scott to get me a day-to-day Mary Engelbreit calendar--the kind that you can pull off each day and has a different picture. I never pulled the pictures off, but would frequently take a few minutes to look through the pages. Scott thought this was funny, but it always made me happy!Last Wednesday was mine and Scott's 9th anniversary. I've always felt this picture depicts our life perfectly with kids running around screaming, playing and making messes. Gratefully mom and dad still love each other amidst it all.
Scott's birthday song to me was very sweet. He is amazing. I didn't ever write about my other birthday surprises. The Friday before my birthday a group of my friends showed up at my door to take me to PF Chang's for dinner. I was very surprised! Apparently, my good friend Amber had been scheming with Scott for several weeks to pull it off. I guess I had been making things hard for Scott. Since I make dinner early for the kids he didn't know how to get me to not eat before my friends came. He mentioned on Thursday we should order pizza but I replied, "We had pizza yesterday." Then Friday morning he called and asked me what I'd planned for dinner and I replied "There's chicken in the crock pot." He called me around 5:00pm and I said I was just getting dinner ready for the kids. He asked if I'd wait to have dinner with him. I thought it was a strange request only because he's never asked before. So I served the kids and waited for him. When he came home we sat down together and he said, "You might not want to eat too much because I have a surprise for you." I was wondering when he was going to break out the surprise when my friends all showed up at my door.

After dinner we went to my friend's house for my absolute favorite Costco All-American Chocolate Cake--7 pounds of the most moist, delicious chocolaty chocolate cake.
I came home late and found two bouquets of wild flowers with notes beside each one from Kaitlyn and Brynn. They both wished me a happy birthday. One had a flower bouquet drawn on it with the words, "Happy Birthday Mom. It's early. But it's pretty." Coming home to such sweetness reminded me how great life is and how lucky I am.
2 comments:
What a cute post. I'm glad you had a fun b-day. Happy anniversary too! Time has gone by so fast hasn't it?
Scott sure did a great job! It was so well planned that I am sure he will be safe from any future birthday blunders.
Post a Comment