Sunday, November 6, 2011

Esplin Family Reunion--July

 Max's extended family always has a reunion around the 4th of July.  We went up to it this year since Max was in charge.  There is always a lot of four-wheeling and even more dirt!


We stayed in Mt Carmel one night and went looking for the reservoir that Max and some of Scott's cousins built.  Max wasn't with us, so we were trying to find it with all the "landmark" directions he gave us.  Scott drove our minivan all over the back country roads up the mountain--I was sure several times we were going to tip right over.  I even asked Scott to let me out of the car, because I was so nervous!



We finally found the right path that led us right to the reservoir.  You can see how pretty it is up there.  The reservoir is huge, and I'm glad we were able to finally find it!




Scott's cousins brought up several horses for everyone to ride.  Jared has been asking for years to ride a horse so he was in heaven.



They put me on a horse with the stirrups way too long and Ellie on the front. Ellie kept trying to hold the reins and I felt totally out of control.  When another horse collided into the side of the horse we were on I was done!  Scott's cousin wouldn't let me bail and told me to get right back on.  This time Ellie went with Scott which was much better.


Scott and I were in charge of the annual treasure hunt.  The last clue took the kids to the cave.  This is how we get transported when we're on the 40.


The kids found the treasure deep in the cave--deeper than it probably should have been, but we let Brian be in charge of hiding it. :)  Each child got their own marshmallow gun that I made out of PVC pipe.

2 comments:

McEntire Family said...

We want to come next time!

Betsy said...

I have asked to bail out of the car several times, too.