Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Guess What Muff Can Do?

Ellie can now.....

TIE HER OWN SHOES!

(and that's not all)

Ellie can now....

RIDE HER BIKE WITHOUT TRAINING WHEELS!


In June, just about a month after her fourth birthday, while I was getting everybody ready for church Ellie asked me to show her how to tie shoes.  It was a bad time--it's always a race as I make sure everyone is ready, and we didn't have much time.  I was sure it would be a frustrating experience for her and me, but I stopped for a minute and showed her two times how to tie the laces on Jared's tennis shoe.  That's all it took!  She was a pro before we even left for church!  Way to go Ellie!

Scott has been taking Ellie out every once in a while to work on riding without training wheels, and Ellie has got it nailed down!  We have some video footage of it, but I don't have a picture yet.  This girl is growing up so fast!  She is so proud of her new bike skills and likes to show off to Jared's friends outside.


I just had to include the funny goggles pictures to show her true love for them.  In September she was wearing these goggles every day and took them off only when she had to for school.  She also got a sombrero from the dollar store and loved to walk up to school with her goggles and sombrero on.  She claimed the sombrero kept the sun off her face.  Isn't she funny!

Ellie likes to talk about her day at bedtime and asks me to ask her questions about school.  She was so excited to play with the new "cashy rasher" at school.  It took some delving to discover she meant she loved the new "cash register."

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I have a very similar picture of Reid wearing his goggles--cute little four year olds!